Wednesday 4 January 2012

Go out and get your soul food.

Today I had a wee trip to Paperchase. It done me proud. After about half an hour walking round and round probably picking up every notebook to find the one that was ‘just right’ (instead I found 3) I left with my 3 notebooks (blank pages might I add to let the imagination, creativity and whatever the heck I wanna put in them flow) a 2012 diary, 2 pencils and 1 sketchbook.


(Note: A Resolution for 2012 : Make more time for things that I love… ie: drawing & painting.. ie # what I call ‘soul food’ )

So I got home and decided to give the sketching a go. Might I add that the last time I picked up a pencil and drew like that was in 2009!!! After shuffling about probably around 20 000 times to find the right way to work, pencil hit paper… Turns out it was like riding a bike, a slightly rusty one but one that can still pedal. One of those ‘never forget’ moments.

The point of all this chat, is that I forgot how much I loved sketching!! I had left it so long before I did it again. I guess my encouragement for today, is don’t let the hectic, busy-ness of life get in the way and stop you doing the things that you love. The things that feed your soul, put a smile on your face and re-ignite a passion within.

Go out and get your soul food. Whether it be a walk through the park, a trip to the beach, a doodle on some paper, a read of your favourite book, a listen of ‘your’ song, a play of the piano, a dance in the dark, a run round the block or a call to an old friend. Go out and get your soul food.

Take a moment to stop ….       and breathe....
Get the breath back in your lungs, then continue on through life’s journey.

That is your soul food.


Lucy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment